Every once and a while I like to do something different. So today I will not write in the conventional way. Nor will I take up alot of space. Today i will place a verse on the blog to laugh at myself. Hope that you like it and will see the humor as well as the concerns about relationship expectation. There will be a future blog on this called "All men are males but not all males are men". Later
I cannot compete
Many years ago I had a conversation with a woman concerning life’s consternations. At the time she lamented about her interpersonal relations. Saying to me that men said she did not meet expectations!
When inquired as to why their eyes took on a gleam. That is when she replied I cannot compete with whipped cream.
To my tender ears this was quite a revelation, but, since I was twenty something there was no hesitation. I asked her to continue she did getting madder by the thought, she lamented that she was a victim of a judgmental lot.
Her voice with fiery virturpretation raising a she spake, raking her competition for their lack of morals, their ignorance of being chaste.
Then in a whirlwind of words she turned men into males not have a compass of dignity succumbing to charms unveiled. Again she wailed and to me it sounded like a scream< I simply cannot compete with whipping cream.
Now as I look back on that conversation a victim of the times middle age where I am stationed I am in that position she was so long ago, now alone, divorced and all the children grown.
Seeking a new partner is extremely hard, the search for compatibility evades and a perplexity is in charge. Then in a flash a memory reminds me of that conversation had when naivety ruled my mind and there were no complications.
Now I stand the tables turned my story is not heard. I am the one who stands alone no sympathetic hearers. Now the expectations are assigned to me. I am the come rounder no easy way for me. In times of reflection the pain is real I understand; her anger at the thought of no one to hold her hand.
Turnabout is fair game the sauce good for the gander. The meaning comes to me I laugh at the fool I be, because like those before I cannot seem to compete with whipped cream.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment