Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dazed

Relationships are hard theses days. The need to have companions grow as time passes us by. In youth it seemed we could always find someone or somebody. We went to proms. dances, formals and it seemed that everyone wanted to go. Time was when a young woman (or man) had no issues, we walked or rode danced got sweaty and went home. Not so any more. Now it is so political that it boggles the mind. No longer do we meet persons, or introduce ourselves or have others do it for us, now we internet and facebook, networks that have impersonality. This is how we live: under the rubric of being to busy, or trying to find the "right" one, we sell ourselves (or pay the fee) to let machines do our work for us. Knowing that at a click of a mouse we can lose a gay or girl in nanoseconds!!! Mercy no wonder we are so indifferent.

I am a victim of this. Trying to be in the search engine generation I threw my hat into the ring, only to have it tossed back tattered, torn and not looking like the hat I put there. My ego has been crushed. crumbled and I am weary of the exercise...HELP I Surrender, my flag is replaced with a white one. Never again will I adventure into cyberspace it is just to maddening.

To be brutally frank I blame social skills for this dilemma. The ability to work, play and engage others. When I was young (very very young) it was a section of report cards. It was not enough to make good grades, it was important (more so) that we were socially promotable. In other words getting along was not a matter of choice it was part of education. It was also a flag to identify issues all young people have. Not to condemn but to aid in their development. But in the age of machines where we are judged by cyber qualifications, those who fall outside the lines suffer. And maybe that is a good thing. Because for the most part a lot of these people are rather flimsy no better yet translucent. Anyway for those of you that can handle it go for it. The rest of us if there is a rest of us will put our feet up and enjoy the show. Later

2 comments:

  1. I understand well your frustration. The problem with the internet is that people use it to wear an idealistic mask of what they think will sell themselves rather than how they really are. Their own realities are what they dislike, despise and sometimes even fear. Hence my mantra -- WYSIWYG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I agree with that 100m per cent call me later kiddo

    ReplyDelete